A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED OUR KICK STARTER!
WE REACHED OUR GOAL!
Enjoy the work of artists, craftspeople, and musical performers, including films, workshops, art exhibitions, excursions, and theater performances at numerous venues throughout the downtown area of Indiana, Pennsylvania.
The Northern Appalachian Folk Festival is dedicated to preserving the past, promoting the present, and securing the future of folk music, art, and other forms of cultural expression of the Northern Appalachian region.
Indiana, Pennsylvania is a gateway to the Northern Appalachian region:
- North: Artisan rich Smicksburg, Famed Punxsutawney PA, Historical marker on Route 119 in Home, PA, the childhood home of Edward Abbey, environmental novelist and activist
- Northeast: Pennsylvania Wilds consisting of over 2 million acres dedicated to hiking, bird-watching, and the largest elk herd in the Eastern United States
- South: Blairsville Underground Railroad, Ohiopyle white water rafting, Falling Waters by Frank Lloyd Wright
- Southeast: Art Works & Bottle Works in Johnstown, PA , Altoona Railroaders Memorial Museum
- West: Eastern Ohio Attractions, Pittsburgh offers many attractions.
You must fill out an application for each activity you would like to participate in. For example if you want to do a workshop and also have a table in the street you need to fill out two applications: 1) workshop and 2)tabling Thanks!
photo by Jim Harris - http://www.jimharrisimages.com