Mission: The Northern Appalachian Folk Festival is dedicated to preserving the past, promoting the present, and securing the future of of a variety of music, art, folkways, and other forms of cultural expression of the Northern Appalachian region.
Indiana, Pennsylvania is a gateway to the Northern Appalachian region:
- North: Artisan rich Smicksburg, Famed Punxsutawney PA, Historical marker on Route 119 in Home, PA, the childhood home of Edward Abbey, environmental novelist and activist
- Northeast: Pennsylvania Wilds consisting of over 2 million acres dedicated to hiking, bird-watching, and the largest elk herd in the Eastern United States
- South: Blairsville Underground Railroad, Ohiopyle white water rafting, Falling Waters by Frank Lloyd Wright
- Southeast: Art Works & Bottle Works in Johnstown, PA , Altoona Railroaders Memorial Museum
- West: Eastern Ohio Attractions, Pittsburgh offers many attractions.