A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED OUR KICK STARTER!
WE REACHED OUR GOAL!
Enjoy the work of artists, craftspeople, and musical performers, including films, workshops, art exhibitions, excursions, and theater performances at numerous venues throughout the downtown area of Indiana, Pennsylvania.
Mission: The Northern Appalachian Folk Festival is dedicated to preserving the past, promoting the present, and securing the future of folk music, art, and other forms of cultural expression of the Northern Appalachian region.
|Friday||6pm||Main||Grand Ole Ditch|
|Friday||9pm||Main||Joe Grushecky and the Houserockers|
|Friday||9pm||Brown Hotel||Grand Ole Ditch|
|Saturday||11am||Main||Bear Creations – Native American Dance Performance|
|Saturday||1pm||Main||Mark Tamsula & Richard Withers|
|Saturday||4pm||Main||Kim & Reggie Harris|
|Saturday||5pm||Main||Backstabbing Good People|
|Saturday||6pm||Main||Trains Moonshine & Jesus|
|Saturday||8pm||Main||Shelf Life String Band|
|Saturday||9pm||Main||Kalob Griffin Band|
|Saturday||10pm||Brown Hotel||Backstabbing Good People & Friends
Indiana, Pennsylvania is a gateway to the Northern Appalachian region:
- North: Artisan rich Smicksburg, Famed Punxsutawney PA, Historical marker on Route 119 in Home, PA, the childhood home of Edward Abbey, environmental novelist and activist
- Northeast: Pennsylvania Wilds consisting of over 2 million acres dedicated to hiking, bird-watching, and the largest elk herd in the Eastern United States
- South: Blairsville Underground Railroad, Ohiopyle white water rafting, Falling Waters by Frank Lloyd Wright
- Southeast: Art Works & Bottle Works in Johnstown, PA , Altoona Railroaders Memorial Museum
- West: Eastern Ohio Attractions, Pittsburgh offers many attractions.
photo by Jim Harris – http://www.jimharrisimages.com